Tax Staff Consultant at Anderson ZurMuehlen & Co PC
Are you a self-starter with a desire to grow within a vibrant professional firm? Anderson ZurMuehlen is searching for an individual to join our firm as a Tax Staff Consultant in our Great Falls office. As a professional working in Tax, you will be responsible for working in a team environment on various client engagements. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
Accountability for the performance of engagements within the identified scope of the project, primarily income tax preparation
* Track time and maintain appropriate records
* Communicate effectively with clients on a one-on-one basis and report results to colleagues
* Resolve technical questions
* Review work for completeness, accuracy, and technical issues
* Monitor deadlines for assigned client services and regulatory filings
* Work effectively with others promoting and supporting cooperative behavior and team efforts
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating and application software
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Advanced organizational and communication skills
* Ability to perform with minimal supervision
* Willingness to work increased hours during peak tax preparation seasons
* Willingness to adapt to changing situations and needs in a positive manner
* Ability to interpret and apply rules/ regulations to specific situations
Education, Certificates, Licenses
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required. Those actively pursuing a CPA license are encouraged to apply. A Master's in Accountancy or other related field preferred and a CPA license preferred.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and fundamentals of internal control systems. Understanding of accounting software systems and general databases. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office required.
The firm is a supporter of the Governor's Task Force for Equal Pay for Equal Work. Compensation ranges from $18.00-$22.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. Competitive benefits, professional clothing allowance and CPA Exam passing bonuses are available.
Position closes at 5:00 p.m. on February 28th with a start date to follow closely afterwards
* Communication proficiency
* Problem solving/analysis
* Customer/client focus
* Time management
* Ethical conduct
We believe in and practice these core values Honesty, integrity, and ethics in all we do Teamwork in an atmosphere of mutual respect Employing talented, caring and responsible people Developing leaders for the growth and health of our firm Providing an enjoyable work environment Giving back to the communities we serve.
Anderson ZurMuehlen & Co., P.C. is a Top 200 CPA and business consulting firm. Since 1957, the firm has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. With seven locations, Anderson ZurMuehlen serves clients throughout the U.S. and is the largest Montana-owned CPA firm. We are also an independent member of BDO Alliance USA, a national alliance of CPA firms. Find out more at azworld.com
How to Apply:
Submit your resume
Letter of interest including salary expectations
Three professional references
Complete resume online: https://careers.azworld.com/x/detail/a23thbny1t1d