Senior Accountant at Barnard
Barnard Construction Company, Inc. and affiliates, based in Bozeman, Montana, is a multi-company, heavy-civil construction group with projects underway across the U.S. and Canada. Barnard was ranked number 139 in 2018 by Engineering News-Record, as one of the nation’s Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction & rehabilitation, power transmission & distribution, tunneling, oil & gas pipelines and water & sewer pipeline projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated “hands-on” Senior Accountant who is a problem solver, is detail-oriented and focused on practical solutions to issues and is looking for a career with growth opportunity. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k), a generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. See our website www.barnard-inc.com for additional information on the position and the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required, CPA a plus.
• 4+ Years accounting experience preferred.
• Comfortable working in an integrated Accounting software-experience with general ledger and financial statement preparation.
• Excellent communications skills, able to interface effectively with all levels of management with a high degree of confidentiality.
• Exercise initiative, be forward-thinking, able to anticipate problems and proactively address them.
• Enjoys complex challenges that require you to think outside the box, willing to taking on challenges with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• Construction industry experience is a plus.
• Online treasury transactions and monitoring for multiple companies.
• Assist with maintaining corporate banking relationships.
• Financial accounting and income tax research as requested.
• Support project estimating team with labor rate research and calculations.
• New project and vendor setup in Viewpoint accounting system.
• Maintain employee data file for electronic employee expense reimbursement program.
• Contribute to the team and work cross-functionally with other team members in the monthly closing and financial reporting process for multiple companies.
• Assist with the external audit of entities in the United States and Canada.
• Assist with special projects as requested.
EOE, E-Verify Employer
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit our career page https://jobs-barnard-inc.icims.com/jobs/1113/senior-accountant/job