Senior Accountant (Audit) at Wipfli LLP
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
* Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
* Prepare client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests
* Perform audit, review, and compilation testing procedures in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
* Complete engagement programs and checklists and respond to review comments
* Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
* Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement output
* Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines
* Develop technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line, to include specific areas such as receivables, inventory, costings, etc.
* Provide technical accounting assistance to clients
* Participate in core CPE programs
* Actively participate in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members
* Actively participate in firm sponsored events for assigned product line clients and prospects
* Participate in inventory observations as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA highly preferred, but not required
* At least 3 years of either audit experience in public accounting or internal audit
* Industry experience in Tribal Government or Gaming/Casino highly preferred
* Strong working knowledge of Excel
* Travel outside Montana is required - 50-60%
Wipfli supports Equal Pay for all. In addition, in the State of Montana, we are committed to Equal Pay for Women in accordance with Executive Order 12-2016. The pay range for this role is $51,000 - $71,300.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply:
Apply for this job: https://careers-wipfli.icims.com/jobs/2398/senior-accountant-%28audit%29/job