Audit Manager at Wipfli LLP
Audit Manager for Helena
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP is currently seeking an Audit Manager for our Helena, MT office. The audit manager will be the primary point of contact overseeing the accurate and timely execution of audits, reviews and compilations. The manager will review engagement files and financial statements and communicates results to client and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
• Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
• Plan and schedule engagement fieldwork with clients and firm resources
• Lead and manage audit, review, and compilation engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
• Perform detailed reviews of workpapers completed by other associates
• Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
• Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
• Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants
• Develop and attain a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
• Perform client billing
• Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
• Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex accounting matters
• Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members
• Complete audit, review, and compilation procedures for complex areas and transactions
• Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
• Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects
• 5-7 years of previous audit experience preferably in a professional services environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
• Requires a valid driver’s license
• Requires prior supervisory experience
• Ability to travel up to 35%
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://careers-wipfli.icims.com/jobs/1694/audit-manager/job
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.