Senior Accountant (Tax) at Wipfli LLP
Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Our Great Falls office is looking for a Senior Accountant to focus on our tax clients!
* Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
* Prepare and review client correspondence, letters, e-mail, etc.
* Plan and schedule engagement fieldwork with clients and firm resources.
* Perform detailed reviews of workpapers completed by other associates.
* Communicate proactively with clients, engagement leaders, and tax associates regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner.
* Prepare and review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables.
* Establish and monitor engagement time budgets.
* Provide training, direction, motivation, feedback, and supervision to staff accountants.
* Prepare individual, business and fiduciary tax returns and projections in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
* Understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications
* Research tax related issues and other related financial reports
* Develop enhanced technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
* Prepare and review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc.
* Perform client billing.
* Interface with multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning.
* Perform/participate in inventory observations as needed.
* * Assist with staff performance evaluations.
* Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex accounting matters.
* Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members.
* Actively participate in firm sponsored events for assigned product line clients and prospects.
* Bachelors degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* CPA required
* 2-3 years of experience in a public accounting firm
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
* Ability to balance many projects simultaneously
* Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines
* Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our recruiting team will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process. We will communicate an update on your status as soon as possible. The recruiting team member guiding you through this process is Jane Welch, and you can find her on LinkedIN Here. She is based in our Chicago, IL office and looks forward to guiding you through this process.
Wipfli supports Equal Pay for all. In addition, in the State of Montana, we are committed to Equal Pay for Women in accordance with Executive Order 12-2016. The pay range for this role is $51,000 - $69,000
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
* Share on your newsfeed
Don’t See Your Dream Job? Connect With Us!
Don't see a current position posted for your area of interest, specialty, or are not ready to formally apply at this time?
Use the Connect with us feature to forward your information to a member of our recruiting team. We will reach out to you very soon and will also keep you posted on any new positions as they become available.