Senior Accountant at Barnard Construction
Barnard Construction Company, Inc. and affiliates, based in Bozeman, Montana, is a multi-company, heavy-civil construction group with projects underway across the U.S. and Canada. Barnard was ranked number 110 in 2019 by Engineering News-Record, as one of the nation’s Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction & rehabilitation, power transmission & distribution, tunneling, oil & gas pipelines and water & sewer pipeline projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated “hands-on” Senior Accountant who is a problem solver, is detail-oriented and focused on practical solutions to issues and is looking for a career with growth opportunity. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k), a generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. See our website www.barnard-inc.com for additional information on the position and the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required, CPA a plus.
• 3 + years accounting experience preferred.
• Comfortable working in an integrated accounting software-experience with the general ledger.
• Experienced in the preparation of flow-through entity income tax returns.
• Excellent communications skills, able to interface effectively with all levels of management with a high
degree of confidentiality.
• Exercise initiative, be forward-thinking, able to anticipate problems and proactively address them.
• Enjoys complex challenges that require you to think outside the box, willing to take on challenges with
enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• Construction industry experience is a plus.
• Assist in the preparation of income tax workpapers for multiple companies operating in the United States
• Prepare financial accounting workpapers and serve as the point of contact for assigned general ledger
accounts during the month-end close and annual external audit process.
• Reconciliation of multiple intercompany accounts.
• Remit payment to tax authorities for U.S. payroll tax liabilities.
• Perform income tax and financial accounting research as requested.
• Work on special projects as requested.
This is a full-time position with generous benefit package; salary will depend on qualifications. EOE, E-Verify Employer
August 30, 2019