Tax Accountant/CPA at Multistate Tax Resources, LLC
Multistate Tax Resources, LLC (MTR) is hiring an accountant to join our tax preparation and business consulting firm. MTR is a nontraditional firm in that we offer a certain flexibility that other firms may not have. Our dress code is often casual, our schedule is flexible and we offer a liberal vacation and sick leave policy. We believe that our office is what a modern accounting firm should be. Our office is closely associated with a tax law firm and focuses not only on tax preparation but also on business transaction work. We work with tax attorneys on a daily basis to structure business transactions, sales, estate plans, etc. We are based in Helena, Montana but serve clients in more than 46 states. While we are ideally seeking a full-time employee, we are open to speaking with any candidate that prefers to work on a part-time, seasonal or telecommuting basis. Call or submit a resume and we will work to put you in a position where you are comfortable and provide value to the firm.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting is required
• CPA license or the ability to earn a CPA license is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Income tax preparation and planning
• Work with tax attorneys to structure business transactions and provide clients consultation
• Represent clients with IRS and state tax authority issues
• Address clients’ needs in a timely, efficient manner
• Knowledge of federal and state income tax law
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well under limited supervision
$40,000 - $90,000 DOE, plus health insurance and 401(k)
Multistate Tax Resources, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.