Accounting & Compliance Manager at MoFi
Love accounting but feel like the public accounting lifestyle isn’t for you? This role will expand your CPA skills but is free of the busy season work fluctuations. In this role, a CPA will have a steady and sustainable schedule surrounded by impactful clients and motivated, fun, and entrepreneurial coworkers. This is your chance to be on a team that is helping people and transforming communities. Fueled by a mission to provide people with flexible capital and comprehensive business assistance that enhances lives and communities, MoFi now manages over $400 million in loans. This role manages the accounting and compliance for a portfolio of projects originated using the federal New Markets Tax Credit program.
This position joins a growing team that manages funding compliance and reporting and the New Markets Tax Credit program for MoFi. This role is responsible for the following duties:
• Overseeing the current portfolio tax credit projects – collect financials and other reporting, manage payments
• Managing tax credit borrower compliance monitoring and reporting
• Managing reporting to tax credit investors
• Underwriting tax credit project eligibility and financial feasibility
• Assisting in tax credit financing closing process, reviewing documents and working with consultants and attorneys
• Managing impact data for projects and reporting to investors and the US Treasury.
• Helping to create and manage grant budgets
• Understanding loan and grant fund regulations and assist lending and consulting teams
• Assisting compliance term with reporting to funders
The Accounting & Compliance Manager uses their CPA knowledge daily and has opportunities to work with accounting mentors to expand their skills and advance within the organization. MoFi offers strong professional development opportunities and covers the cost of your CPE credits.
MoFi is looking for an experienced accounting professional with 4+ years of experience, who is driven, likes a fast-paced environment, and works well in teams. The position requires strong analytical skills, good verbal and written communication, and the ability to have an attention to details in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The position reports to MoFi’s Director of Tax Credit Lending & Compliance and will be based in Bozeman, MT or Missoula, MT.
• Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience with audit experience.
• Certified Public Accountant
MoFi offers great benefits, opportunities for career growth, and a fun company culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
How to Apply:
The position can be based in Bozeman, MT or Missoula, MT. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jessie Zieg at firstname.lastname@example.org.