Staff Accountant at Mountain Line
Position Summary: This position will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. Responsible for reporting on all financial aspects of accounting, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Prepares monthly financial reports, financial analyses, and other miscellaneous reports that may be required. Ensures reports are accurate and timely. Monitors expenditures and make recommendations as necessary. Assist with administering all federal, state, and local grant programs. Responsible for Fixed Asset program; assigning numbers, tracking, depreciation schedules, and annual inventory. Assist the agency's staff as it relates to financial inquiries, reporting, and tracking.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization;
· Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements;
· Codes invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and closes the monthly books;
· Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks;
· Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts;
· Performs accounts receivable invoicing and collections;
· Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts;
· Provides outside auditors with assistance by gathering necessary account information and documents to perform annual audits;
· Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies;
· Coordinates with the vendor to maintain accounting software systems, and recommends updates to enhance the accounting software;
· Manages the purchasing and invoicing system;
· Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures;
· Tracking all fixed assets, calculating depreciation, year-end balancing of work-in-progress and schedules by grant and asset category;
· Prepares financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and departments;
· Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information;
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts;
· Prepares payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts;
· Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current processes and recommending changes;
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data;
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential;
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations;
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and three years of experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Eight to 10 years of general accounting experience, three of which are in supervision.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR LICENSES:
Valid driver's license in the state of Montana or an acceptable means of alternate transportation.
Work occurs typically in an office with frequent (51-80%) use of a computer, telephone, and other office equipment; the noise level is typical of an office environment. Work is also performed in a classroom environment and, infrequently, in shop-floor locations with the various noise levels associated with those locations.
The employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear; use repetitive hand motions; handle or feel; and stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop, or lift up to five pounds regularly. Infrequently, moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds may be required.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
February 26, 2021
How to Apply:
To apply: https://mountainline.com/careers