Director of Accounting at Montana State University Alumni Foundation
The Montana State University Alumni Foundation is seeking to hire a Director of Accounting! Join our vibrant, growing nonprofit to help advance Montana State University. The MSUAF Director of Accounting (“Director”) plays a critical role in the eight-person Finance & Accounting Team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting, the Director is responsible for external financial reporting for six entities and compliance with federal/state financial requirements and regulations. The Director establishes policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure efficiency, GAAP compliant accounting, and protection of the Alumni Foundation’s assets.
This is a full time (1.0 FTE) exempt position, that includes a combination of in-office (Bozeman, MT) and remote work. This is a great opportunity to gain non-profit and endowment accounting experience while helping MSUAF achieve its mission.
• External financial reporting.
• Federal and state compliance.
• Manage accounting and tax compliance for complex and planned gifts.
• Establish and adhere to accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure efficiency, proper accounting, and protection of Alumni Foundation assets.
• Effectively manage and develop one accounting staff position.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certified Public Accountant
• Professional experience in GAAP financial statement preparation and facilitation of audits.
• In-depth knowledge and experience applying GAAP and the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), preference for non-profit specific experience.
• Experience querying accounting software and financial databases to generate reports and analyses.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey accounting information in a clear and concise manner that can be understood by non-accountants.
• Effective interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a positive team atmosphere and to establish and maintain working relationships.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references online at www.msuaf.org/careers. Please contact Valerie Hubers, Director of HR, with any questions at Valerie.email@example.com.
May 31, 2021
How to Apply:
Apply online at http://www.msuaf.org/careers