Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting at Montana State University
University Business Services at Montana State University is seeking an innovative, forward-thinking, dynamic individual for its next Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting.
The Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting reports to the Assistant Vice President for Financial Services and is responsible for ensuring the integrity and successful operation of the accounting department and its various reporting requirements. The Director is responsible for the preparation of the University’s financial statements, supporting schedules, and provides day-to-day leadership and management of the accounting department and property management.
Required Qualifications include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
2. Substantial management experience in accounting or financial environment.
3. Excellent computer skills, including database and query knowledge.
4. Demonstrated ability to produce complex documents (i.e. audited financial statements).
5. Advanced problem solving and analytical skills necessary to perform complex financial analysis.
Preferred qualifications include:
1. Master’s degree in related field.
2. Certified Public Accountant.
3. Experience in higher education.
4. Knowledge of Banner Financial Systems
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to prioritize heavy workloads, and working knowledge of accounting principles and various database management as well as have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a broad range of constituents.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements but rather a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The primary work environment is a climate controlled office setting with standard office activities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/23974