Finance Director at Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc.
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc., (Rocky) has an opening for a Finance Director. The salary range is $70,000 - $90,000 per year, depending on education and experience.
At Rocky, the wage is just part of your total compensation. Rocky’s generous benefit package includes: health, dental, vision and life insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan, 11 paid holidays per year, sick and vacation leave equaling 5+ weeks in the first year! Retirement contributions begin after one year of employment, a 401-k option is available upon hire, based on age eligibility.
The Finance Director is responsible for oversight of the budget process and establishment of internal controls and accounting policies/procedures for Rocky’s 18 community service programs funded by federal, state, county and other sources (approx. $10M budget). The Finance Director coordinates Rocky’s annual audit (including Single Audit Compliance) and oversees preparation of Rocky’s financial report. The Finance Director oversees the financial aspects of twelve affordable housing properties, which are consolidated in Rocky’s annual financial report. The Finance Director participates on the management team, and serves as the backup to the Executive Director in their absence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and principles preferably including thorough knowledge of GAAP and Uniform Guidance (including fund accounting).
• Thorough knowledge of federal/state financial assistance laws and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of budgetary processes.
• Knowledge of indirect cost allocation principles and procedures.
• Working knowledge of tax laws and regulations applicable to non-profit organizations.
• Strong working knowledge of business management principles.
• Strong working knowledge of financial related computer software.
• Decision making skills.
• Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and other financial data.
• Ability to develop and implement internal control systems that ensure integrity.
• Ability to prepare accurate financial reports.
• Ability to prepare and negotiate an indirect cost plan.
• Ability to coordinate and organize complex projects and systems from the development state through implementation.
• Supervisory and management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform research and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Must be currently licensed as a CPA in Montana or have the ability to attain licensure within three months of hire. A minimum of 5 years of experience serving in a position managing fiscal services for a multi-program agency. This experience must include responsibility for managing the following areas: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, general ledger, fiscal budgeting, grant reporting, financial statement preparation, maintenance of the chart of accounts, and accounting policies and procedures. Requires experience with automated accounting and payroll information processing systems, and interpretation of laws and regulations governing retirement and other benefit plans. Prefer a minimum of one year of experience specific to non-profit accounting, financial reporting, and tax preparation.
Application Process: Applicants must submit a signed and completed Rocky Mountain Development Council application, letter of interest, and resume. Applications are available from Rocky Mountain Development Council, 200 South Cruse Avenue, P. O. Box 1717, Helena, Montana 59624, www.rmdc.net, and the Helena Job Service. Incomplete application materials will not be processed. Complete packages should be submitted to Rocky’s Human Resource office at the above address. Open until filled. EEO
How to Apply:
Application Process: Applicants must submit a signed and completed Rocky Mountain Development Council application, letter of interest, and resume. Applications are available from Rocky Mountain Development Council, 200 South Cruse Avenue, P. O. Box 1717, Helena, Montana 59624, and www.rmdc.net. Incomplete application materials will not be processed. Complete packages should be submitted to Rocky’s Human Resource office at the above address. Open until filled. EEO