Controller at Modern Machinery Co., Inc.
Job Title: Controller
Exemption Status: Salaried
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
COMPANY SUMMARY: Modern Machinery Co., Inc. has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at: www.modernmachinery.com.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company. As head of the accounting department, the controller will manager and supervise all aspects of accounting. This position will report to the CFO and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
• Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
• Follow all company policies and regulations for safe work procedures and contribute to the achievement of company safety goals.
• Manages all accounting activities, and related staff, to ensure that financial processes and information are accurate, timely, and contain adequate internal controls.
• Monitors financial metrics and identifies and communicates opportunities for financial improvement with a specific focus on expense to budget and price realization.
• Manages the preparation of all financial reports including internal reporting, third party reporting, tax returns, and audits.
• Monitors cash flow and analyzes working capital requirements.
• Facilitates capital purchases.
• Engages third party service providers including banking, financial accounting, taxation, benefits, and compliance.
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Proficient with integrated systems of internal control and in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
• Five to ten years of related experience.
• Previous experience as an accounting supervisor or manager.
• Understands financial concepts such as return on investment, opportunity costs, and time value money.
• Knowledge of financial principles required for budgeting and strategic planning.
• Understands financial statements, cash flow, and key financial ratios.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires a strong attention to detail.
• Able to work well with Senior Leadership Team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
• Requires prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
• 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
• Profit Sharing Program
• Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
• Family Scholarship Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Disability Benefits
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
November 30, 2021