Finance & Grants Manager at Blackfoot Challenge
The Blackfoot Challenge is a nonprofit organization (NGO) and national leader in community-based conservation with the mission to coordinate efforts that conserve and enhance the natural resources and rural way of life in the Blackfoot watershed for present and future generations. Our programs reflect a convergence of local and national interests and have allowed us to leverage funding, scientific expertise, technical skills, and local knowledge through public and private partnerships that generate lasting collective conservation impacts. Our three decades of community-based conservation are considered a model in the American West.
The Blackfoot Challenge seeks a dynamic, self-starting Finance & Grants Manager to conduct day-to-day bookkeeping, fund and grant management, analyze financial activities, and provide advice and guidance to Board and staff on future financial plans. The Finance & Grants Manager, who reports directly to the Executive Director and Board Finance Committee, will play a key leadership role within the organization. This position works closely and in a collaborative manner with the Executive Committee, committee chairs, Executive Director, and staff. The Challenge is seeking an individual who is solution- and growth-oriented with strong financial, communication and organization skills, attention to detail, and someone who is self-motivated and comfortable working independently and under deadlines.
• Oversee accounts payable/receivable bookkeeping including monthly project accounting, check writing, invoicing, bank statement reconciliation, and preparation of financial reports for monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
• Manage banking relationships with regards to online accounts and transfers.
• Create and manage employee time sheets, payroll, reimbursements, IRA withdrawals, and financial expense records.
• Prepare quarterly financial reports and provide ongoing budgeting guidance to eight program areas.
• Develop annual organizational budget, approx. $1.4M.
• Supervise and administer the financial grants and agreements reporting.
• Prepare and maintain individual grant tracking sheets for reconciliation. Ensure compliance for approx. 64 Federal, State, Private funding sources and meeting reporting deadlines.
• Prepare and invoice monthly reimbursements or advances in conjunction with administrative reports to grantors.
• Prepare monthly financial project accounting reports specific to grants and contracts by program area.
• Review and provide assistance in the development of proposal budgets.
• Collaborate closely and on a regular basis with the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair to ensure compliance on all financial reporting.
• Coordinate Finance and Endowment Committees.
• Conduct annual State of Financial Position presentation to Board.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and preparation of the annual Form 990.
December 17, 2021
How to Apply:
Visit blackfootchallenge.org/hiring for full position announcement and application instructions.