Ronald (Ron) Yates, Jr., CPA
Knowledge and Experience:
• More than 20 years public accounting experience in Montana, including 9 years with Big 4 accounting firm KPMG.
• Provides tax, consulting and business advisory services to clients in all areas of business, including corporate and pass-through business entities, individuals, fiduciaries, private foundations.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the field of oil & gas taxation and related extractive industries; franchising operations; high-wealth individuals; estate and tax planning expertise.
Professional Memberships and Technical Accomplishments:
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA), Past President (2010-11), Board Member (2005-2011); Ex-Officio (2011-12);
• MSCPA State Taxation & Federal Taxation Committee member
• Billings Chapter of the Montana Society of CPAs - Past President
• Billings Chamber of Commerce – Board Member (2009- current); elected Secretary-Treasurer (2012-13), President-Elect (2013-14) and Board President (2014-15).
• University of Montana Business School Advisory Board; Dean's Advisory Board 2011-2014 term.
• MSU-Billings Career Services Advisory Board – Past Co-Chair & Board Member
• Certified Public Accountant, Montana
• Bachelor of Science - University of Montana, Missoula
• Master of Accountancy - University of Montana, Missoula
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Taxation
- Estate Planning and Taxation
- Individual Taxation
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Restaurant Industry