S Corporation Essentials: Stock & Loan Basis Reporting
All materials will be electronic only
This program addresses the critical issues and special opportunities facing S corporations, with a focus on the new IRS guidelines on shareholder stock and loan basis reporting. The impact of recent legislation on the tax structure of S and C corporations will be addressed, as well as the significant impact of the new Section 199A flow-through entities deduction on S corporations.
- Recent tax legislation, rules and developments impacting S corporations
- Shareholder stock and loan basis reporting on Form 1120S Schedule K-1
- New Section 163(j) business interest expense limitation
- Filing deadlines and extensions
- New rules on meals and entertainment expense reporting
- Issues in becoming an S corporation
- Basis of stock and debt
- AAA and distributions
- Built-in gains tax
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply the latest tax rules and regulations of S corporations.
- Discuss the new Section 199A rules and regulations and how their significant impact S corporations.
- Distinguish and define complex S corporation issues.
Experienced practitioners with S corporation clients and members in industry working for an S corporation, or those seeking and update on thorny S corporation issues.