Preparation, Compilation & Review Engagements: Update & Review
If you supervise preparation, compilation and review engagements, this course will help you comply with the professional standards by informing you of the latest developments and issues relevant to these engagements. Learn about the U.S. business economy, peer review, FASB updates, International Financial Reporting Standards and other areas affecting preparation, compilation and review engagements.
- Overview of preparation, compilation and review guidance
- Accounting and reporting issues
- Current practice issues
- Common deficiencies in peer reviews
- Current and future standard setting projects
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key economic factors and accountant’s responsibility for fraud.
- Recognize recent SSARSs, accounting and reporting developments.
- Identify the professional standards and risk factors relevant to the performance of preparation, compilation and review. engagements, including engagements on pro forma and prospective financial information.
CPA firm seniors (and above) managing engagements performed in accordance with SSARS.