U.S. GAAP: Review of New Guidance & Hot Topics
All materials will be electronic only
As described by the title, this course is a review of new guidance and hot topics. New guidance includes pronouncements, exposure drafts and other guidance recently issued by FASB. Hot topics include major accounting standards updates such as revenue recognition, credit losses and leases, as well as key topics such as fair value measurement.
- Financial accounting and reporting topics impacted by guidance recently issued or effective in the near term (such as leases and revenue recognition)
- Review of significant accounting and reporting topics
- Overview of FASB ASC 326
- Overview of FASB ASC 606
- Overview of FASB ASC 820
- Overview of FASB ASC 842
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify select FASB accounting and reporting guidance.
- Recognize key requirements from FASB ASC 326, Financial Instruments – Credit Losses.
- Recognize key requirements from FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Recognize key requirements from FASB ASC 820, Fair Value Measurement.
- Recognize key requirements from FASB ASC 842, Leases.
Accounting and finance professionals.