New Guide to Reporting Travel & Entertainment Expenses After Tax Reform
This program will enhance participant knowledge of statutory and regulatory guidance related to travel and entertainment expenses and the new legislative changes of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Planning opportunities related to travel, entertainment and automobile expenses will also be addressed.
- Definition of travel and entertainment expenses
- Accountable plan rules for reimbursements
- Special exceptions from record keeping requirement
- New non-deductibility of meals and entertainment expenses
- Strategies to deduct business transportation
- 2019 mileage and Per Diem rates
- Expenses for non-business conventions
- Tax form illustrations
- How to handle automobile issues.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain insight on the "big picture" in this complex area.
- Distinguish the rules of determining travel expenses and the elimination of the meals entertainment expenses deduction.
Practitioners, members in industry, or personnel responsible for payroll tax reporting or determining and reviewing travel and entertainment deductions.