**CANCELLED** Accounting, Audit & Attest Update for Practitioners with Small-Business Clients - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.
Specifically tailored for practitioners who do not perform audits, but provide other attest and non-attest services to small and medium-sized businesses, this course is a comprehensive update covering recently issued accounting, compilation and review standards, as well as other professional guidance impacting small and medium-sized business accountants. The course uses practical examples and illustrations to help you understand and apply the material in practice.
- Private company standard setting activities
- Small and medium-sized business related ASUs
- Lease and impairment accounting update
- Lessons adopted from the adoption of Topic 606
- Special purpose frameworks -- Cash, modified cash, and tax basis
- Common small and medium-sized business financial statement errors and deficiencies
- SSARS No. 21, Clarification and Recodification, including the new preparation of financial statements non-attest service as well as the impact of SSARS No. 22,23 and 24 and proposed changes to the SSARS
- Other types of small and medium-sized business attest engagements -- examinations, reviews and agreed-upon procedures engagements on financial forecasts and projections and pro forma financial information
- Keep abreast of current private company standard setting activities of the PCC
- Review recently issued accounting and non-audit attestation pronouncements
- Understand the new SSARS No. 21 relating to the preparation of financial statements and new guidance on compilations and reviews as well as changes due to SSARS No. 22, 23 and 24
- Proposed changes to applicable accounting, auditing and SSARS guidance
- Be aware of other important guidance affecting small and medium-sized business practitioners
Practitioners at all levels who provide non-audit and non-attest services to small and mediumsized businesses desiring to remain up-to-date on recent pronouncements and other standard setters activities and professional guidance.