Compliance Auditing: Questions from the Field
Compliance auditing is a significant risk area for firms. We are now in the year where engagements will be selected for testing in the OMB mandated quality study. Additionally, the GAO issued its update of Government Auditing Standards in the summer of 2018. This course will discuss those changes as well as new questions and answers that have been recently been included in the Uniform Guidance FAQ document, changes that will be made to the data collection form for 2019–2021 and changes that the OMB made to its method for updating the compliance supplement.
This course will provide an update on the changes to the Uniform Guidance, help participants avoid recurring common failures in audits under Government Auditing Standards and the Uniform Guidance, provide the latest changes in professional literature impacting compliance auditing and help participants understand the latest changes in Government Auditing Standards.
Major subjects covered will include:
- Changes in the cost, administrative and audit requirements
- Frequently identified issues in compliance audits related to documentation
- Multipurpose testing, design of compliance and internal control tests
- Sampling applications, reporting findings
- Schedule of federal awards
- Identifying major programs
Questions have been included to help the practitioner understand the changes in the Yellow Book which was issued in 2018.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify areas for improvements in their Government Auditing Standards (GAS) and single audits.
- Implement changes to audits as a result of changes to professional standards, including the OMB’s Uniform Guidance.
Audit practitioners working on nonprofit and/or public sector clients who need audits performed in accordance with the Yellow Book and the Uniform Guidance. Accountants in nonprofit or government organizations that need a single audit.