Advanced Topics in a Single Audit - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.
Be prepared for the responsibilities of planning, directing, and reporting on a single audit engagement conducted under the Uniform Guidance. This course gives you insights into key issues that are not covered in other courses, with an emphasis on advanced topics that require particular attention. Case studies are provided to highlight key compliance audit requirements and to help put the guidance into practice.
- Planning the compliance audit and other risk assessment considerations
- Required elements of the SEFA
- Major program determination process, including the considerations of clusters, loans and loan guarantees
- Considerations when assessing and evaluating internal controls over compliance
- Evaluating and reporting on applicable compliance requirements related to compliance testing
- Considerations of pass-through entities and subrecipients
- Audit sampling in a compliance audit
- Advanced audit reporting issues
- Update on Government Auditing Standards
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Assess risk when planning a compliance audit of federal awards
- Evaluate whether the requirements related to the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) have been met in your audit engagement
- Evaluate whether major federal programs to be audited have been appropriately identified
- Interpret the requirements for understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards
- Interpret and evaluate the reporting requirements of a single audit
- Interpret and evaluate guidance regarding sampling in a compliance audit
- Identify considerations related to pass-through entities
Auditors responsible for planning, directing and reporting on single audits.