Real Estate Tax Update - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.
This program addresses tax changes imposed by recent tax legislation that real estate owners and investors need to know, including Rev. Proc. 2019-38 Safe Harbor, COVID-19 Relief, CARES ACT, TJCA, the new Section 163(j) interest expense limits and the opportunity to elect out. An introduction to opportunity zones and other important issues will also be addressed.
- Recent tax legislation, rules and developments impacting real estate owners and investor
- Section 179 for qualified real property
- Section 179 for non-residential roofs, HVAC fire protection and security system
- Section 163(j) interest expense limitation, including electing out and ADS depreciation
- Introduction to opportunity zone
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- To provide a review and update of recent tax legislation affecting real estate tax owners and investors
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments affecting the real estate owners and investors.