Federal Tax Update: C & S Corporations Partnerships & LLCs - Forms 1120, 1120S & 1065
With the increasing complexity and ever-changing nature of tax laws and issues, today’s accountant needs a one-day update course focusing on business income tax issues. This comprehensive class will not only review the current Federal business income tax laws but will also update tax return preparers of new tax forms, changes to existing tax forms, as well as tax planning opportunities and pitfalls. This is a “must-attend” course for all tax practitioners who want to be up to speed quickly and have a successful Federal business income tax filing season.
This session is a comprehensive review of the Federal business income tax provisions and tax forms/schedules that will affect the 2018 tax returns and 2019 tax projections with an emphasis on newly enacted tax legislation, court cases and IRS guidance. Each participant will receive a comprehensive business income tax reference manual that includes numerous practice aids, real world examples, new Federal income tax forms and schedules, as well as the Phoenix Beach Quick Reference Chart. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Detailed coverage of the business income tax provisions of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) including but not limited to the new lower corporate income tax rates and AMT repeal; 20% qualified business income (QBI) deduction; changes to NOLs, business loss limitations, interest deduction, accounting method changes, fringe benefits and entertainment expenses
- Overview of the new partnership regulations on allocating recourse/nonrecourse debt, disguised sales and new centralized partnership audit regime
- Look at any changes to the Forms 1120, 1120S and 1065 and other related schedules and forms
- Recent changes to depreciation and §179 expense
- Issues related to compensation, distributions, liquidations, self-employment taxes and retirement plans
Once participants have completed this session they should be able to:
- Understand the major Federal income tax laws impacting C & S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, LLPs and their owners.
- Identify and comprehend any newly enacted legislation, changes and IRS guidance affecting business income tax returns.
Tax accountants in public or private practice in need of power-packed one day Federal business entity update course. This is a great course to gear up for tax season.