If you are an experienced Excel user seeking to elevate your skills, join the K2 team for K2’s Advanced Excel. In this laptop-friendly program, you will learn critical advanced Excel skills in six key areas: 1) collaborating with other users and securing workbooks, 2) using tables to analyze and report data, 3) integrating and manipulating data from external sources, 4) creating and auditing complex formulas, 5) advanced data analysis tools and 6) visualization techniques to analyze and communicate information. The content of this course draws from over twenty-five years of experience in delivering Excel training to accountants and other business professionals and throughout the program, relevant, real-world examples reinforce the major topics presented. You do not want to miss this opportunity to become more efficient and proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, the accounting and financial professional’s tool of choice. This course covers advanced Excel topics found in Excel 2007 through Excel 2016.
- Securing and collaborating
- Analyzing and reporting with Tables and Data Models
- Importing, linking, integrating and manipulating data
- Creating and auditing complex formulas
- Analyzing data using advanced tools
- Creating visualizations for communicating and analyzing data
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and implement the best techniques to secure sensitive information in Excel workbooks and collaborate with other users to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Create tables and take advantage of their advanced features, such as dynamic data ranges, structured reference formulas and the ability to relate multiple tables together into a Data Model.
- Import and link data into Excel from external sources – including text, Access and SQL Server – and use advanced tools, such as Power Query and various cleanup tools to manipulate the data to meet specific needs.
- Use advanced functions, such as SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, NETWORKDAYS, RAND, RANDBETWEEN, NPV, IRR, XNPV and XIRR to create and audit complex formulas.
- Analyze worksheet data using techniques such as Data Tables, Subtotals, Slicers, Filters and PivotTables.
- Describe techniques used to create, manipulate and customize charts for analyzing and communicating information.
Business professionals who work with Excel 2007 or newer and want to extend their knowledge with advanced features and functions.