**CANCELLED** Real-World Frauds Found in Governments - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.Frauds in governments are as unique as government entities themselves. Through a comprehensive learning approach using examples, explanations of audit standards and informative case studies, learn about real-world government fraud, including cyber fraud and your responsibilities when dealing with government fraud. This course analyzes several unique frauds which occurred in the government sector.
- Misappropriation of assets
- External financial reporting
- Cyber fraud
- Management override
- Improper use of procurement cards
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Determine how interim fraudulent reporting may impact planned reliance on internal controls and any related audit procedures
- Identify how personnel policies and procedures can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud or abuse
- Apply topics discussed to form conclusions on indications of fraud, abuse and weaknesses in internal control
Auditors and accounting and financial professionals of governmental entities.