Real-World Frauds Found in Not-For-Profits - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.
Due to the nature of NFPs, fraud may be more common than it seems. Through a comprehensive learning approach using real-world examples, explanations of audit standards and informative case studies, learn how to recognize red flags of fraud in NFPs, including cyber fraud. This course analyzes several unique frauds which occurred in the NFP industry.
- Misappropriation of benefits
- Pledges and contributions
- Cyber fraud
- Personnel fraud
- Grant expense allocations
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recognize how expense allocation policies can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud
- Identify how various board incentives and mandates may be possible indicators of fraud
- Identify how personnel policies and procedures can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud or abuse
Auditors and accounting and financial professionals of notfor-profit entities.