Advanced Trust Issues: A Roadmap for Success in an Increasingly Complex Area - Virtual Only
After much thought, MSCPA has decided to take all our CPE Classes till the end of December 2020 to virtual, this includes all conference. The risk of COVID-19 is just too high and we would not want any of you to get sick at one of our classes. All materials will be electronic.
Trusts are not cookie-cutter documents. In fact, they can be rather unwieldy, especially in explaining the functions to a client and then having the client comply with the trust terms. This course delves into best practices. Given common scenarios, what are the best trusts to use? What language should the trusts include? And how can the client be best protected?
- Key concepts of trusts, including recent trends; best practices; jurisdiction and ways to avoid pitfalls
- Changing a trust
- Federal estate tax exemption
- Discussion of federal and state estate taxes
- The role of family dynamics
- Choice of trustee and other fiduciaries – a word on institutional representatives
- Pet Trusts – the emerging necessities
- State, county, and local issues
- QTIP issues
- Creditor considerations
- Potential IRA problems
- Advise individual clients on the benefits of using a trust to achieve their personal goals while avoiding taxation
- Save clients money in their estate planning
Tax practitioners who advise clients on the benefits of establishing a trust.